$91,330… for a PDF! Nice.
Lastly, also appreciate volume discounts for production. While international backers may bring additional shipping expense, they also bring unit demand that could help you achieve deeper volume discounts in production, which benefits the economics of domestic and international backers alike. Bonus!
4. An expert partner can add tremendous value.
Several times, Deadly Fredly talked about weighing the monetary cost of every decision vs. the impact it will have on his time. For example, he stated that only launching one international tier priced at $150.00 would yield the best margin return, but would cost him in time responding to the hundreds of complaints for offering so few international options.
In the comments, he even addressed the potential value of using a third-party vendor to handle customer service and fulfillment, but quickly dismissed the idea due to his hesitation to work with an unproven vendor. He’s completely correct on this one: never trust your brand, your products, and your reputation to a company or consultant that has not earned that right.
There are companies who deserve your consideration, though, our own being among them. If Kickstarter is a big part of your business model and your campaigns are wildly successful, you need a strategic partner to free your time and maximize your return on contributions.
Consider just a few of the ways a proven vendor could help you:
- Reliability at scale. Domestic and international fulfillment can be significantly faster when you work with an expert in warehouse and order management who can ship tens of thousands of shipments in a shift.
- Dedicated customer service to you and your backers. Can’t handle all the questions, order-status inquiries, etc.? We can, following guidelines you set. Amplifier does this around the clock for some really amazing companies who are very serious about their communities.
- Integrated production. We also make many items popular as Kickstarter rewards. Having production handled inside the fulfillment warehouse saves significant time.
- More time for your community. With a reliable operation powering your making, fulfilling, and support, you can focus more time on backer updates and communication, which will help this project and beyond.
- The knowledge and infrastructure behind some of the most successful Kickstarter campaigns and for what comes next. The right partner can help you deliver on a Kickstarter success and also as you move into the future. Leading Kickstarter consultants and massive Internet communities such as Reddit, Breadpig, MailChimp, Glennz Tees, Rooster Teeth Productions, and Achewood utilize Amplifier as the merchandise-logistics backend for some of their enormously successful Kickstarter campaigns, ecommerce shops, and more.
Thanks again to Deadly Fredly for the thought-provoking post. We pay close attention to the unique challenges that professional Kickstarters encounter, and we relentlessly chip away at them one by one.
Stay tuned, and please hit us up with your campaigns, questions, and general Kickstarter rabblerousing.