Amplifier’s Hiring: Accounting Associate Wanted
Amplifier - Austin, TX
Would you like to work with a talented, vibrant team that serves many of the web’s most exciting and creative organizations including Glennz Tees, MailChimp, Reddit, Imgur, Rooster Teeth, and LIVESTRONG? Amplifier provides a fully turnkey solution that allows web-based communities to offer physical merchandise to their user base. Our services include product manufacturing, order fulfillment, warehousing, customer support, and returns handling.
This position requires accounting, excel, andI nternet research skills as well as excellent interpersonal communication skills. The position calls for a high level of attention to detail, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors. It is necessary to be proactive, resourceful, flexible, and efficient while working in a fast paced, rapidly growing environment all while maintaining a high level of professionalism and confidentiality at all times.
Perform a range of accounting, bookkeeping, and general clerical support functions in an organization. This position will work closely with the Controller and reports to the CFO.
- Payables entry and processing
- Client Invoicing activities
- Receivables management and deposit activities preparation
- Inventory reconciliations
- Bank reconciliations
- Assist with payroll processing and data entry
- Assist with HR paperwork and employee document processing as needed
- Assist with the closing of the books each month
- Clean up and organize all physical and electronic accounting files and documents
- Provide assistance as needed for any required company audits
- Research accounting issues as needed
- Other special project work as needed
- Occasional help with Executive travel arrangements
- Occasional office manager responsibilities including office supplies ordering and warehouse organization
- Proactively look for ways to improve the accuracy and efficiency of all activities, systems, and procedures associated with managing payroll, accounts payable, expense reimbursements, invoicing and billing, inventory tracking, and HR operations.
- Minimum of associates degree or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge and understanding of accounting, book keeping, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- 2+ years of experience in clerical accounting
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Netsuite experience and familiarity is an advantage
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to pay attention to detail and handle accounting transactions with as few errors as possible
- Demonstrated ability to improve accounting department controls, systems, procedures, and organization.
- Ability to work with highly sensitive and confidential information and to maintain the highest levels of confidentiality and integrity
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to remain flexible in managing frequently shifting priorities
- Cheerful, flexible and positive disposition